By Lisa Barr
Valentine’s Day … 50 Shades of Grey (or 50 Shades of Highlights as we like to call it in Suburbia — I mean, really, who here does Grey?). Yes, it’s going to be a smokin’ hot month at GIRLilla Warfare, and we are going to tap into our vulnerability, our MOM-ability, our sexuality, our desires, our beauty, and our finances. So buckle your seatbelt, and put this on your Tuesday To-Do List kicking off in February:
1. “Teen Expert” Debby Shulman writes about how hurtful our kids’ rejections (You’re wearing THAT, Mom … Just leave me alone … You’re so annoying … I want Dad NOT you) really feel, and what to do when our kids’ sassy ‘tude cuts to the core. Shulman, in pure Shulman-style, hits hard with humor, honesty and advice.
2. “Sexpert ” E.J. Gordon goes between the sheets of 50 Shades of Grey, and discusses how the book/movie really affects Moms & Sex, especially if we’ve hit the 10, 15, 20-plus year marital mark. Can we rekindle the fire of that first breathtaking kiss with the same old guy? Gordon, in her no-hold-back style, will give you the goods on how to GET IT ON once again … and again.
3. “GUYrilla” Evan Field will view the premiere of 50 Shades, and provide the married man’s perspective of the film, fantasy, and tapping into our Dark Side. You know, the Sexy Mama that the PTO can’t see; the one who comes to light when the kids are (finally) sleeping out.
4. “Beauty Babe” Arden Edelcup discusses the latest trend in makeup — as in Au Natural — or at least how to APPEAR nude and natural. As we age, it’s all about the illusion. Edelcup will provide the top must-have makeup items to delve into your “naked” new look.
5. “Mompreneur” Jamie Kanner will dig deep into your finances and discuss this sensitive reality: How to deal with your spouse, your kids, your friends, and your neighbors when you simply CANNOT keep up with the Joneses or the Steins.
My peeps here at GIRLilla Warfare have lots-to-give, and are gearing up to provide you with a provocative month of sex & intimacy, love & lust, pain & healing, honesty & laughter, beauty & baring all.
Just remember, Girlfriends — we are ALL in the same damn carpool.
And be sure to bring on those Comments (see below) and share your thoughts (no worries, Anonymity is welcome). Great CONVO is always a two-way street.
Lisa Barr is the editor and creator of GIRLilla Warfare, and author of the award-winning novel “Fugitive Colors” www.fugitivecolorsthenovel.com.< back