Happy Mother’s Day, GIRLillas!
Here’s why YOU are fabulous …
- You make family a priority. Your kids and hubby can count on you … always. No matter what.
– You shlep and carpool and wait in ridiculous carpool lines daily.
– You have filled out 500 forms and gotten all the required signatures (from pediatricians to recommendations).
– You make sure your kids are safe, happy, involved, feeling good, and fed (not to mention making those school lunches at night when you are drop-dead exhausted).
-You listen to their stories … over and over.
– Laundry … need I say more?
-You teach them life lessons, create boundaries, and set an example for them in all that you do. Even when you screw up … it shows them that screwing up is part of life.
-You do it ALL — and still manage to look great — better NOW than in your 20s. (We are ALL “The New Black”).
-You have collected wisdom on your journey — and those in your home look to YOU for advice (even when you have no clue, and you’re just faking it).
-You are learning to breathe, stay calm, and not yell in the morning (I did say “learning”!)
-You are — as we all are — a work-in-progress, a Mom-In-Constant-Motion who is trying to find balance … and on those certain days, you actually succeed.
– You are NOT perfect — you make mistakes, fall down, and pick yourself up again — there is NO better example for your kids.
– You are UBER-Woman with a capital W.O.M.A.N. — Mom, Wife, Friend, Daughter, Sibling, Sexual Goddess, Dream Catcher, Private Detective, Cheerleader, Teacher, Therapist, Doctor, Judge, Referee, Fashion Consultant, Entrepreneur, Party Planner, Accountant, Life Coach, Cleaning Lady, Chauffeur, Teacher, Chef, and Occasional Punching Bag — all for FREE … remember: your payment is not $$ — but in appreciation. When it comes … Take. It. In.
-When you laugh … the joy you bring into your home is second-to-none, and infectious. Laugh Loudly.
Today is for You, for Me, and The Mama Next Door …
Happy Mother’s Day, GIRLillas … with all the trimmings — lots of love, cuddles, acknowledgment … and those of you with little ones, enjoy cards from your kids written with all those fabulous “frame-able” grammatical mistakes — it doesn’t get better than that …
Most of all, BE Good to YOU — you deserve this day. xoxo Lisa